Senior Ruby Engineer
Who We Are At Threshold 360, we're connecting people with locations. Over the past few years, we’ve built the leading SaaS platform for 360° virtual tour creation and publishing, and have aggregated the largest licensable library of 360° immersive experiences. Threshold content is viewed more than 2 million times every day on a wide variety of digital platforms and is licensed by hundreds of leading companies in Hospitality & Travel. Our HQ is located in Downtown Tampa, Florida, where our company started.
We’re now moving quickly to become a leading metaverse platform, helping connect $90B worth of market opportunity to immersive web3 content for apps, social media, and advertising.
Our HQ team includes a group of creative and driven individuals, working together to realize our audacious vision. We've partnered with over 100 freelance photographers throughout North America (we call them Creators), and our community is growing.
What We Are Looking For
With our ever-accelerating growth, we are now seeking to add a Senior Ruby/Rails Engineer to our team. You’ll be responsible for a significant part of our back-end technology stack - as well as managing the conversion of strategic parts of this stack to other languages. Based in Central/Southern Florida or remotely, this role is an opportunity to join in a key moment and truly make an impact.
- Design, create, & deploy key Threshold technologies across a range of languages & platforms
- Work closely with product, marketing, & operations to define and deliver new products and enhancements
- Design & execute software processes, including web and mobile apps, APIs, and other technologies
- Undertake re-authoring projects for key elements of the Threshold technology stack
- Design & supervise quality assurance (user/programmatic system tests), integration, and feedback processes for software you create
- Expert-level knowledge of web systems architecture, design, and development
- Knowledge and implementation experience with on-line training systems
- In-depth understanding of SaaS technologies, business models
- Knowledge of 3D software/gaming development using Three.js/WebGL is a huge plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or related field; Master’s degree in Computer Science strongly preferred
- 5+ years experience in a SaaS-related software development role, including knowledge of both front-end and back-end development and deployment
- Ideally reside in Central/South Florida, and/or 100% remote and open to occasional in-person meetings (3-5x per year)
- An enthusiastic and energetic team player
Compensation & Benefits
- Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience
- Equity in a fast-growing tech startup
- Exceptional health and dental insurance
- Life and disability insurance
- Flexible PTO and sick time
- Flexible work environment, with optional access to our downtown Tampa office
- The opportunity to build something great, working alongside other highly creative and driven individuals